Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hardest Change (for me) From High School to College

The hardest thing I have had trouble with while at college is probably time management.  I feel like I haven't been able to manage my time between homework, soccer, and friends equally.  I mostly always put homework and studying off until the very last minute so I guess you can say I'm a procrastinator when it comes to doing my class work, which is not good.  The reason for this is because I can't pass up hanging out with my friends, and since I'm my own parent now, I always decide to hang out and chill with my friends instead of doing work. All this freedom at college and always being able to see my friends everyday makes it hard for me to manage my time wisely. And soccer definitely makes it even harder for me to manage my time because most of my time is taken up by soccer and my friends because mostly all of them are on the soccer team, so that does not help my situation.  And if my time is not taken up by soccer and friends it's taken up by me being tired and sleepy all of the time because of soccer so I always end up sleeping instead of doing my work.  Most of the time I feel like there's not enough hours in the day for me to do all the things I want to do, I feel like time flies so much faster while here at college.  But I mean it is not like I do not ever do my homework or study because I do, it just happens to be very late at night and at the last minute. Which doesn't help because it affects me with being sleep deprived and if I don't get enough sleep I don't concentrate well in class and I also don't do good in practice so this time management is affecting me in all sorts of ways. So I'm learning little by little to organize my time and so far I've been more strict on myself about not joining my friends and doing homework or studying instead, and it has definitely helped me a lot.  I could see the difference right away because I wasn't up late at night doing homework like usual. Not being able to manage my time wisely has been the biggest and hardest change for me from high school to college.  Due to the fact that you are the parent now and are responsible for making wise decisions when it comes to making time for work. So if you want some advice when first adjusting college is to manage your time wisely. Like seriously it really helps to be organized and do your work first and then have all the time in the world to do whatever else you want.  That's my advice to definitely manage your time correctly to avoid any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment