Sunday, October 23, 2011

Learning From My Mistakes

Last week my amazing friends from back home in Del Rio, came to watch me play soccer here at Texas Lutheran University.  They came to support me and made me posters with my name on them, which made me feel pretty special because there was nine of my friends just cheering for me.  I had all these fans at the game just cheering for me. So they were really loud and rowdy before the game and during the game.  And it really meant a lot to me that they all traveled to come watch me play and come visit me.  So I really wanted to play really good that game for them and sure enough I started off the game great.  Twenty-six seconds into the game I stole the ball from one of the other team's defenders and got a shot on goal and almost scored but just barely missed so it was a great start. But then it all went wrong ten minutes into the game when I let my anger get the best of me.  The referee was making some bad calls, in my opinion, and it frustrated me to a point where I smacked talked him which caused me to get a yellow-card and then a red-card, which I am not proud of at all. But anyways I made a stupid mistake which did not only affect me but affected my team as well. I let my team down by making this mistake.  I hurt the team because I had to get ejected from that game and sit out the next game. And my team needed me this game and next game. Since I got ejected during that game I had no choice but to leave the field and leave my team playing down a man (woman) so they only were playing with ten players leaving them with a huge disadvantage.  When I had realized the consequences of my malice action it was too late to go back and change what I did so therefore I had to live with the mistake I made and deal with the consequences.  And it sucked not being able to help my team at a time when they needed me most, oh man I regretted what I did so much and I hated myself for what I did.  But obviously regretting what I did and trying to take it back wasn't going to make up for what I did, so I realized that I had to change and learn from this incident.  I learned that from now on I have to control my anger and think before I speak instead of just doing things out of anger.  I also have to keep in my mind of who I'm affecting when I decide to do something because it was really selfish of me to do what I did and I apologize to my soccer team for what I did and letting them down. I admit that I was selfish and I am not going to lie at first I didn't understand why everyone was so disappointed at me and saying that I was selfish for getting that red-card but now I understand, I agree and admit that it was very selfish of me.  Nevertheless I've grown from this experience and definitely learned from my mistake and don't plan on getting anymore red-cards forget that it sucks not being able to play and help my team! Well not only did I disappoint my team but my parents and friends too because they came to watch me play all the way from Del Rio and I only played ten minutes when they came to watch me play not pull this dumb crap. So I apologize to them too because it affected them as well. I realized that I effected a lot of people that day and I am sorry for that. I really learned my lesson to stop being so selfish when I decide to do something stupid because I don't only affect myself but I negatively affect everyone else around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment