Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Classes

So far really I have only noticed two of my classes that relate to each other and that's probably because my Comp class and my Frex class are linked. But other than those two classes the rest of my classes do not relate to each other what so ever.  I mean even at that my Comp class and Frex class do not always relate to each other most of the time.  I honestly have no idea how my classes are suppose to relate each other I really do not understand that concept because I'm taking a computer science class, a music appreciation class, comp class, frex class, and a calculus class. And all those classes at least I do not think can relate to each other.  But hey maybe later on the future they will or something. I know here at Texas Lutheran University they want us to get a liberal arts education and I partially agree with that because I want to get a liberal education but at the same time I'm just too lazy to take all those extra classes that I do not need for my major. Sometimes it seems pointless to me to take an arts class because I'm a computer science major and I feel like what I'm learning is not going to be useful to me in my major but other times I get so fascinated and interested in the material. In a sense I like learning in my music appreciation class but I do not like doing work or taking tests. But I do enjoy it a lot, my professor Mrs. Rodriguez makes it really fun.  I guess you can say I have mixed feelings about the liberal art's education that Texas Lutheran University requires.  I do not know like somedays I'm like yeah I want to take this class because I want to learn more about it and it seems so interesting but then I get lazy when I have to do the work, I know it's funny it just depends on my mood most of the time, but what do you expect I'm a girl.  For now I'm just going to take the classes I want and feed my big shaggy so I can have a more liberal education and as for the work I'm just going to have to deal with it, after it is college.  As of my feelings towards this liberal arts education here at Texas Lutheran, they are always going to be changing for me I guess but I'm just going to go with it and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment