Monday, October 10, 2011

Stressed...

So far it's been hard trying to balance soccer and school. I'm behind in class and I always feel like I'm behind no matter what. This last week was probably the worst week I had while at college. Since we were leaving early for soccer this last week I was going to miss Thursday and Friday so I had to finish my work ahead and turn it in before we left to Dallas and Arkansas. But it turns out that I didn't balance my time wisely so I didn't get to finish my second draft essay for my comp class, which has put me behind even more because my final draft is due this Wednesday.  I also didn't get to finish some of my object-oriented programming homework, so I didn't get to turn in part of my homework. Not to mention homework is a huge grade in that class so I basically messed up that homework grade. I finished my calculus homework. But stayed up all night doing all my homework that was due the next morning before we left. And while I was doing my homework in the early hours of the morning I fell asleep and forgot to set an alarm and didn't wake up on time to turn in my completed homework. I actually didn't wake up at all the only reason why I woke was because my teammate knocked on my door and woke me up at 8 in the morning which was the time the bus was leaving. It turns out we overslept! So we ran and took off to the bus but I didn't realize my bag was open while I was running so my sperry's (shoes) fell out. So I ended up losing my shoes on the way to the bus, almost got left behind, and didn't get to turn in my homework. Oh and on the trip I also accidentally threw away my own retainers. Luckily my great roommate saved me and did me the greatest favors and turned in my homework for me and looked for my shoes. She saved my life, even though she only got to find one shoe I was totally grateful for what she did for me. So thanks Katherine for being the best roommate ever! Totally appreciated your help this weekend. Well after all that got settled in the morning I still had a game that day and didn't do to great because I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, we lost. Anyways after all those bad incidents had happened to me I tried to put them behind me and just hope for the best the next couple of days. Well things got better for me as I hoped I finished my homework during study time at the hotel and I also got to score two goals in my next game and we ended up wining. The weekend for me was brutal but I learned a lot from it. I learned that I got to balance my priorities way better. I also learned that I can't let any bad thing affect me, you just always got move ahead and look at the bright side of things no matter how hard things get.

No comments:

Post a Comment